Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011

Spending too much time trying to maintain my real build log (which is required by the FAA) and staying up with this blog. I'm going to start doing one on a weekly basis. More progress to see and I can do it all in one shot.

May make for longer posts though....

Worked on the rudder this week. A couple of weeks ago I *thought* I made a mistake on a part (R-710) that reinforces the rudder bottom rib where it joins the spar. I thought I'd trimmed the piece too tight and thus removed the material that would be attached to the bottom of the rib. Ordered a new part (had to wait about a week for it). I got it early this week and wanted to make sure I didn't repeat my mistake, so I was working with the old part, marking holes and edge distance and such, and after about 5 minutes realized it would work perfectly. :<

Shame on me for not checking this sooner - lost almost a week of building.

This is the offending part (the angled bit with the hole in it)

From Dale's RV Project - Empennage