Sunday, August 11, 2013

Aug 11th, 2013 - Continuing with the flap actuator assembly

Sunday night after I got back from flying, I spent the evening going through all the parts getting them ready for priming. I knew Monday was going to be a decent day, so I planned to get out of work right at 5 and run home and prime everything.

 I'd fabbed up all the parts the previous week, so I wanted to start riveting. Flap actuator channel with attach brackets - these will screw to the cabin floor.

From Fuselage

Riveting the F776C plate to the channel. This is to beef up the channel where the motor mounts.

From Fuselage

Working on the F767 attach plate. This will rivet to the flap channel and screw to the F705 bulkhead.

From Fuselage

F767 attach plate riveted in place and nutplates all installed.

From Fuselage

Channel installed in the fuse to make sure it fits and to start test fitting the motor.

From Fuselage

Motor temporarily installed in place to check that it all moves freely and connects properly.

From Fuselage

Van has you set 1/2 travel on the motor, so I rigged up a Rube Goldberg power supply - an old dead UPS (12 volt) battery, hooked up to a battery charger (the dead battery is for ballast). I rigged up the switch (DPDT) into an old peanut butter jar and wired it all up so I could run it up and down and find center (and play a bit).

From Fuselage